- Why I Blog (dannyguo.com) - compelling reasons to start a blog, I don't get as much out of it as Danny, but there are some simlarities. I also have many, many unpublished posts but maybe someday I'll finish them.
- I don't want streaming music, I just want to stream my music (coryd.dev) - the limits of a subscription service vs. what we used to have.
- Displaying My Washing Machine's Remaining Time With curl, jq, and pizauth (tratt.net) - going slightly too far to get updates from a new washing machine.
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces (itsnicethat.com) - scans of the initial pixel designs for Macs original icons.
- Don’t record your social life on an append-only social network (ctrl.blog) - why a social network you can only add to is not a great idea.
- Paul Theroux reflects on the evolving nature of rail travel (nationalgeographic.com) - briefly recalling the travel book that took Paul from London to South-East Asia and back again. A journey that can't really be replicated at this time.
- AT&T Wireless traffic shaping apparently making some websites unusable (adriano.fyi) - trying to diagnose apparent traffic shaping behaviour when connected to an AT&T LTE connection.