A couple of links from this week
A few links from this week (15th-21st Feb), posted a little late.
Time spent playing the Factorio quickly eats up any minute left in the day...
- Parler’s epic fail: A crash course on running your own servers with a shoestring budget (blog.alexgleason.me) - essentially another home-server based article, which I love
- Windows Refund day (marq.merlins.org) - a group of Linux users visit Microsoft to attempt to get a refund on their pre-bundled Windows installations back in 1999
- Age of Distractions (lostbookofsales.com) - it's so easy to procrastinate with a the internet in your pocket
- Raiders (extension765.com) - Raiders of the Lost Ark, as if it was a black & white silent movie
- Obsidian (obsidian.md) - A markdown-based note taking application with graph connections to related notes
- https://www.lesswrong.com // https://www.greaterwrong.com/ - These two sites remind me of a different era of web surfing, like GeoCities perhaps. Interesting sites completely different to other websites these days that seem to be dominated by big web companies
- Running Nomad for home server (mrkaran.dev) - guide to using Nomad to simplify Kubernetes on a home server set up
Finally, here's a link to Adam Curtis's new documentary 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' which someone has kindly uploaded to YouTube: