Week 15 of 2021 (12-18 April)
- Creating a minimalist blog with Jekyll Now. (vdf.dev) - I've linked to a similar article before, but it's nice to see another perspective on this set up.
- vgpu_unlock (github.com/dualcoder) - the virtual GPU features that are usually limited to Nvidia's ultra expensive enterprise grade cards has started to be unlocked. Now it be possible for users to split consumer-grade cards between virtual machines
- Awesome Selfhosted (github.com/awesome-selfhosted) - a big list of software that can be self-hosted as an alternative to SaaS products
- Out of thin air: the mystery of the man who fell from the sky (theguardian.com) - a man from Kenya who attempted travel to the UK in the wheel well of a aeroplane
- Retro nostalgia & why my new website looks like Window 9x (ash.ms) - a previous website of mine was designed to look like Windows 2000, this was in the early 2000s so it was all made with tables and little pixels to create all the windows. Anyway this website has a similar vibe, just much better and it's now retro too!
I quite like to link to music tracks I like through YouTube embedded so I can easily come back and play them through my own blog - works pretty well with ad-blocker running but not ideal as you get ads and Google tracking without asking for it. It's a shame that BandCamp doesn't have an embedded player as it's nice and easy to buy a track through there with confidence that it supports the artist. If I can find SoundCloud links instead, I'll try to post those instead.
Here's a couple of tracks featuring the voice of Femi Koleoso from Ezra Collective:
And one last YouTube vid that made me chuckle: